Last week in Reading, we read the story “On the Move” and discussed how people in different parts of the world travel. We learned all about the letter Zz and the main idea of a story. We ended our week by celebrating Earth Day and the importance of taking care of our planet.
This week, we will read the story “This is the Way We Go to School” and discuss how children around the world get to school. We will be learning about the letter Yy and focusing on how to draw conclusions.
Last week in Math, we were tested on composing and decomposing numbers to 10.
This week, we will begin working with numbers 11-20.
· Kindergarten Graduation will be held on May 23rd at 1:00pm at the High School Auditorium. **Details will be sent home closer to the date! Mark your calendar!
· For the month of April, students who displayed good behavior all month long will participate in a grade level egg hunt on our playground on April 28th.
· Thank you to Greg Mentzer and Katrina Economy for coming in to our class to talk about their careers. We loved having you!
· Thank you to Gary Glessner and Kathy Glessner for being our Guest Readers for the month of April. The students enjoyed your visit!
· Anyone interested in being a Guest Reader for the month of May, please contact me! The more the merrier! J
· PSSA testing will resume this week. Please encourage good behavior in the hallways as to not disturb the test takers!
· Please return Yearbook Order forms as soon as possible if you are interested in purchasing one!
· There will be a $1 Dress Down Day on Friday, April 28th.
Today is day 2 and we have Computers.